Tabs

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Floating World 2011

I wasn't planning to go to Floating World this year and I was hoping to go to FetishCon to get a feel for a less kinky event that was geared toward models and photographers. My playmates vetoed that so the decision was made to go.

This was my first kink event after my marriage ended. My second kink related event if you include the instructional one that included my ex. I have been in the public kink scene across the United States for over two years now and have attended two Floating Worlds before.

Life has its way of giving twists and turns. As Floating World approached, I had to cancel one of my playmates attendance. The good news is that others, new friends, would be tagging along and sharing my hotel room with me and Raven.

Classes

For the most part I skipped classes, I went to several classes, two by Dov (his superglue class and his Hojojutsu rope class) and one by Mollena (a bottom's perspective class).

All three of them I enjoyed and learned things. They are both excellent presenters and I learned from both of them. I was pretty bouncy at one moment and regret at one point letting myself engage too much in Dov's class. I knew the people and had played with some of them and was less reserved. I will keep myself in check better.

The Hotel Room

This was amazing and so good. I enjoyed the hotel room energy, discussions and happenings as much as the event itself. At the start there was four of us, three women and me with a range of experiences and leanings. We picked up one women's pet and became five. The fun and the energy kept going. By the last night, we had six people in the room. All good, all positive souls and all fantastically good people.

I could name drop right and left but I don't like to do that. I don't need my ego stroked that way.

There as some misunderstanding during some needle play. I was saying "shhhh" not because of the TV but because the hotel room was in my name, I would be at risk of problems with the hotel and things were getting loud. We discussed this later. One has to remember that who pays for the bill is responsible for *everything* including criminal and civil charges.

Play space play

I did some rope play. It was pretty tame and part of the negotiations. One was done because I had caused nerve damage in the past with woman and we both wanted a good fun healing suspension. Two were done with a domme that enjoys a certain type of suspension play and associated play and a fourth one done with Raven.

I actually did two inversions with the domme. Both times the photographer appeared out of nowhere and started taking pictures. She did look good in the ropes and how she played in them. It wasn't anything fancy with my ropes.

It is unfortunate that scene interruptions happen.

During one scene, a friend asked about band-aids for the domme who was in my ropes pet. Huh? Apparently some safety monitor had gone off the deep end.

Another time, a safety monitor pushed on getting a mat under my suspension. They clearly don't have a clue about the engineering aspects of that mat and how worthless it is and that it isn't a real risk. The mats aren't used in other suspension frames just a few. Oh well.

The simple answer is to mitigate the issue, move forward and get back into the scene space.

Cell Phone Ban

For some reason, of all the events I attended, this event in the past was religious about banning cell phones. This year they removed the ban and treated us like adults. It was good since Floating World is a huge space and tracking down people is a challenge.

Walking outside, way beyond the play space and using your cell phone to check on things and communicate is something I do in many places. Last year I got harassed for doing this. It sucked. This year all was good!

Thank you Floating World.

I can't wait to see the pictures from the photographer and see my friends again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter