Tabs

Saturday, August 13, 2011

TesFest

Over July 4th weekend, Raven and I went to the TesFest event in northern New Jersey. It is part of the The Eulenspiegel Society (TES).

The entire hotel was taken over for this kink event. The concept is so amazing and cool. The pool area, the courtyard and most of the hallways were filled with kinky people for the most part dressed as they pleased.

I loved the ability to hang out in the bar and the courtyard, relaxing, chatting about kink and the rest of our lives and doing this with play and classes mixed in. It was fantastic.

For me the best part of the weekend was seeing old friends and learning new things about rope. It is getting harder and harder for me to learn new things about rope, the subtle nuances, at smaller regional events. I need to see more advance riggers do their thing. A class setting on more advance subjects really helps especially when it aligns with my current needs. At TesFest, two different classes did exactly that.

There were a few surprises. One was a unexpected fire evacuation order around midnight. It made me think about what I would do with an evacuation order and someone in ropes. Would I really need to cut them down quickly? Probably. It would be such a shame since I would probably be using rope I have many good memories about.

There was an NCSF auction. The purpose is to raise money for this hard working organization that helps with main stream media and has other benefits I didn't really want to bid on anything but NCSF is important. To help, I bid up and bid on the rope people who were auction off. It was fun, for a good purpose and got others in the mood to bid.

It was unfortunate that some compared their ending auction prices with the goofy good times auction prices we did for the rope people. It wasn't meant to place a value on anything. It was just for NCSF.

The riggers I bid on and won, I communicated that I ask them for answers to questions when the opportunity arises. I really didn't want to take an hour or their time or whatnot. It was just fun.

My girlfriend Raven surprised me when I was out of the room getting cash. I came back and her and friends were bidding up, pooling money and telling her that they would take the punishment given I set a bid limit when I left the room. It was fun crazy good energy. I loved it.

What Raven won was a single tail lesson. It gave me pause and I was a somewhat nervous since I know that it takes learning and practice and I am very focused on my rope.

Single Tail Lesson

It was a great single tail lesson. I really appreciated it. I needed to ask certain questions that I in the couple of classes I took on the subject weren't answered. It was a great help from an excellent and well known presenter.

We spent some time practicing technique. I still remember the lesson well and have to do more practicing. We transitioned to using the whip and slowly advancing like in fencing. It made me smile that I could use that knowledge. I have to work on that too.

Raven, being the wonderful willing woman that she is, volunteered for receiving the fun from the presenter and myself. It was a blast and she enjoyed it. Wow. My thanks to Raven and the personal lesson.

The Hotel Bar

The hotel bar area was a blast. The bartender rocked. She was great to talk with and at one point helped out with the Tea Party that was arranged. This isn't my kink. I just love to flirt, socialize and have the occasional drink.

Bars tend to be a place for me to connect when I am on the road for work and have to be "on" for communication and politics of work which can be easily a 12+ hour day when dinner is puled in.

In some cases, we would take our drinks and/or our food outside to the patio. The weather was fantastic. I can't recommend this event enough.

Vendors

I yet again spent too much money on the vendors at the Event. I couldn't resist. Oh well.

I love kinky toys. I love beautiful women wearing beautiful things. Purple Passion was there which was my first store to buy kinky things from. They are out of New York City. I haven't been to their place in the last couple of years but they apparently have totally renovated it.

One of the surprises with the vendors was that I thought they were only in one hallway. When I ventured down that hallway the next day, there was a sign indicating that around the bend, there were other vendors. Raven and I checked them out too.

Playing and Playspace

I don't know if it was me or not. The play space was ample and there were several fun special scenes that happened but I didn't see too many people playing.

I suspect that many people were playing in private given the inclusiveness of the hotel for kink. People could also play in the pool and in the courtyard.

Given I tend to enjoy playing in high energy play spaces, this was a let down in a way. My thinking is that I need to some how get beyond that need and just play.

On to the next event....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter