Tabs

Monday, April 4, 2011

Chicago GRUE

The 2nd Chicago GRUE would be happening. It was being organized by CherriesJubalie, a rigger and a pro-domme and would be at a playspace that I had never been to but have heard of, the Studio. I also have the impression the Chicago kink scene was something wonderful to explore outside of Shibaricon. On top of those facts, I expected a wonderful set of people -- not sure why but I did.

The thing is that this would be a GRUE after doing 5 or 6 GRUEs in the last two years. I was on the fence about whether to go or not. Should I? My time is limited and I try to restrict myself to 2 events per month.

I also knew someone who I played with was going alone. I wanted her to have fun and she seems to enjoy rope in one of the many "top cookie" giving ways I like.

I finally decided at the last minute to go. Bought 3 tickets, got a hotel room and started working out the logistics of going. It seemed simple. I had some concerns about the hotel (a holiday inn), parking and the travel wear and tear on my playmates. I drag these two poor women around with me and sometimes they look at me with there eyes like "what the hell are you doing to us?"

Well we left late. Mostly my fault but still connected up with the woman we would be meeting. The hotel was a weird but pleasant surprise. It doesn't have a hotel entrance but has a conference center entrance making unloading luggage a pain. We worked it out and went through two sets of elevators to our room. The one sad piece of news is that my one playmate Batty couldn't make it. It would just be myself and Raven.

Meet and Greet

The hotel room I got would be shared between Raven, myself and the another play partner I knew (call her W for now). We spent some time relaxing before getting all clean and sexy. Spent a wonderful time at dinner in the hotel before heading out.

We headed out to the meet and greet at Cherries's and MonkeyFetish's home. I parked in some zoned parking space and asked later if they towed or not. Tickets I can deal with. I buzzed the door and like a total lady I could hear Cherrie's voice asking who it was. I said my name and she responded with style and in seeming recognition. I think she was just being the perfect hostess.

The place was fantastic. I was so envious. It is million times better then my basement apartment which I picked up for the cheap. Yep, I have been looking at nicer places but have to wait a couple of years.

Graydancer, DoNotGoGently and many others were there such as DerekDeSilva. My fan boy mind was in overdrive. Gray, DNG, Derek, Cherrie and MonkeyFetish are all excellent rope tops and kinky good people. I had to keep my giddiness in check.

The night was a fun blur. Good conversations all around. Raven, W and myself headed back to the hotel room. Eventually I went to sleep and slept deeply. I apparently slept through W waking up early, going down and out shopping and coming back. She was a sweet one going off later and getting coffee and non-dairy creamer for myself and ice mocha coffee for Raven.

The GRUE

The GRUE was a blast. The Studio was fantastic. Wow.

To be around good solid people who know themselves was fantastic. Sex positive, open and non-judgmental. I asked Raven if she enjoyed it, she said the conversations were great and commented on several. One was about poly. I said that I wish I had been in that conversation and asked her details. You can't be in two places at the same time.

Raven has been on this kick about sounding and I just find my penis running and hiding. She enjoyed the discussion Cherries did. I don't think my penis did, it kept crawling inside my body twitching. Raven the switch she is, enjoyed tormenting me on the way home when we left Chicago.

I am not sure which set of conversations I enjoyed the most. I just felt like I was on the same wave length. Don't put yourself in a box. Be real with yourself. Don't judge and so on. Oh well, it was good for me and that is all that I care about.

The Play Party

We said our goodbyes at the GRUE. Some of the folks wouldn't be returning to the play party because of another local event. Others were heading off to diner. We headed back to the hotel to relax and getting ready to play. I have no idea if I took a nap or not.

Raven decided she was going to skip the play party. She would order room service and relax. W and I went off to the play party.

When we arrived I was surprised and commented to DoNotGoGently about the small attendance. This was the first GRUE where the playspace wasn't opened to others that didn't attend the GRUE. It made it very relaxed and cozy.There was definitely more connectivity and relaxed comfort in the play space. I was amazed.

We had failed to find a place to get some fast food. It was cool that there were snacks and I could munch on something. After I a while I started setting up on some equipment and helped W unlace her corset. We went and played.

I find that when I play with the same people who enjoy rope, the connection gets deeper. The scene we had was definitely that. I was aware in a small way that other scenes were happening. I saw slices of Graydancer and DoNotGoGently scene. Wasn't sure what was happening since my focus was on my ropes and W in them. Time was stopping for me.

Near the end of the scene when I had her down from being suspended I became aware that Gray's scene was all over the place and getting closer to us. I moved us back some and continue to undo the ropes.

When the ropes were off, we moved off to couches for some aftercare. I needed this aftercare, I was worried that I had overstepped in my scene and was thinking I had lost a play partner. We talked. It was okay and I felt better. W is a good soul and a wonderfully sexy woman. I want her to stay in my life even though I am a kinky sadistic player.

Pancakes

We left, slept, packed up, checked out of the hotel and returned to the Studio for pancakes. It was good. At one point, there was a cuddle pile. Pictures were taken of the cuddle pile, I am still struggling with being out on the internet so I stepped out of the cuddle pile. I wish I could be more out.

We eventually said our goodbyes and headed back to Pittsburgh. The drive was long. I was so happy Raven was with me. I was struggling with drop I think.

Hard Drop

I don't know what was going on. I still don't understand the why. I struggled through Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday. Monday was harshest and most demanding since I had to deal with the first day of the work week.

It seems I had drop going on for the first time for at least two days. It was a mental downer. I was worried about my relationship with my girlfriend and was worried I had lost a friend. It was bad news and I was fumbling with things like forgetting cell phones and other things. I was a mess.

Sucky doubting struggling darkness....

I eventually snapped out of it. I had doubled and triple checked with Raven and W. I had talked to Batty. The sun eventually came out in my mind.

I now can look back and smile with wicked thoughts. It was an amazing good time. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter